Just because you've decided to officially connect yourself to this person, doesn't mean, you've disconnected yourself from your life.
So you've fallen for the guy, but wait you haven't just chosen the guy.. you've chosen THE GUY. He's great, he gets on with everyone, and everybody seems to like him.. you know he likes female attention, but out of all the girls he's chosen you.. he tells you you're beautiful and always look nice. Everything about you 'looks good' you always 'look' good. never forget you 'look' good.
So wait.. before we talk about him.. lets talk about you;
- So let me guess, you're the sort of girl who likes attention, but not in a 'stab other people in the back' sorta way.
- You love looking good.
- You were the ugly duckling, until, just like the emperors new clothes, somebody noticed you were pretty, and then so did everyone else.
- You hang around with a group of friends who are mainly followers
- You ALWAYS keep up with the latest fashion
- He's always surrounded by friends
- He always has the latest fashion sense
- He always gets the girls he wants
- He's sooooo shy that he seems so cute!
- He really likes you, after you've known him for 10 years, but now you're 'pretty'
What you've got is a pretentious little princess, who has the most arrogant, self centered arse of a boyfriend in the whole of the universe. Together they create the most beautiful, bubble-headed couple you could have ever created. Perfect....well atleast they are together, so we don't fall into the bullsh!t that they have created for you to fall into their oh so pretty trap!
But if you are lucky enough to be in the position of being able to give an opinion on this beautifully dirty relationship, that nature has deemed upon us that have enough brain cells to register the evil, of the human subconcious - selection that has gone on here, then DO IT! before its too late!
Although, this may seem that a lovely relationship has occured here, the girl, usually being more perceptive and less cunning than the guy (usually.. i know this can work both ways!) She starts to realise that, the relationships starting to fall apart, and she's being blamed for everything. He says she doesn't put in enough effort, or doesn't act like a girlfriend. When really, she hasn't done anything wrong, but he see's it as her not doing anything for him and starts to bail when things get much deeper than just looks.
I think all girls in this situation need to realise that you shouldn't have go into it in the first place.. well done.. this is the first realisation.
Now the next step.... look at yourself. Yes this probably won't be hard because you're used to doing this, but I don't mean just look at yourself. REALLY A LONG HARD STARE AND LOOK.
- You strive off of compliments
- You begrudge anyone that has anything better than you
- You find it hard to not compete with friends
- You find it hard to compliment other people
- You find it hard to be with soemone because of personality
- Personality is a foreign word to you
- You never really think about whats on the inside because the outside counts most.
Change it.... it'll get you somewhere.
Now back to my original point, HIM!
- He's always surrounded by friends - because he's that guy to be with, they're not friends, they're ego boosters.
- He always has the latest fashion sense - because he's a bratty little mommy's boy really, with no sense of originality.
- He always gets the girls he wants - because other girls go through this process too, but they don't have me to warn them first.
- He's sooooo shy that he seems so cute! - He's really stupid. And makes every situation awkward with his lack of witty conversation, funny comments and awkward silences.
- He really likes you, after you've known him for 10 years, but now you're 'pretty' - its like fashion, its really ugly then someone brings it back into fashion.. soon you'll go back out of it for him.
So girls and boys, if you know a couple like this. Hop in there, give your advice and hop back out. But if you know you are about to enter a realtionship like this... think twice before commiting to someone that's your equal because before we can correct them, you have to correct yourselves.